Selling Us Books
COVID Update: the store is open daily from 11am until 8pm. Proper face masks covering the mouth and nose are required if you are unvaccinated. Vaccinated customers are not required to wear a mask. We are asking everyone to sanitize on entry to help protect our unvaccinated customers. Online, phone, and email shopping still available for no-contact pickup or free shipping.
We take in books at any time, but we are generally able to serve you better and faster during the quieter weekdays. For most orders, we will ask you to leave your items with us so we may give the order our full attention, and then call you when we have finished.
We offer store credit, with no expiration date, for books that we are able to use in our store. We offer a percentage of the Firefly price which may vary depending on condition, age, popularity, and subject. We offer 20% for most items, and up to 40% for items that are hot selling and/or difficult for us to acquire.
We will consider items for cash, but are more selective about the types of items we will offer cash for. The cash value offered will be half of the trade value.
If you just want your books out of the way, we can just take everything as a donation. Anything we can't use we will donate to local libraries or charity book drives for their sales, or we will recycle anything that is completely unusable.
Your store credit can be used for 100% of the price of USED items and 25% of the price of NEW items.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for new material in all sections of the store, but are especially interested in:
- Eastern & World Religions
- Esoteric and Occult
- Art and Photography
- Gardening (particularly Rodale books)
- Graphic Novels and comic collected volumes
- English-language Manga (Japanese, Korean and Chinese are all good)
- Role Play Games and source books (D&D, Pathfinder, D20, any other system)
- Science, Math and Engineering
- Transportation (Planes, Trains, Cars, Racing, Ships and Boats)
- Children's chapter books and Picture books
- Young adult fiction (Science Fiction & Fantasy in particular)
- Parenting and Education
- Pocket Paperback (Mass Market) - Fiction and Non-Fiction, especially paperback Mysteries & Sci-Fi, any date if in great condition
Tips For Trade-Ins
Please consider using small boxes or reusable shopping bags with handles for your books. Over-sized boxes can be dangerous to lift and move, so we recommend using office boxes or similar-sized moving boxes. Please don't use garbage bags as the books will get damaged and it will be difficult to accept them!
Condition is an important consideration, but bring us what you have- there are some exceptions.
We will not accept books that have a tobacco, chemical or mildew smell, have water damage or mold, or show signs of insect damage or infestation.
Other items we will not accept include:
- items we are already well stocked with
- items with obsolete information
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
Estate or Liquidation Sales
If you need to make arrangements for a large collection, please contact us by email or 484.648.2712 to make an appointment. We can work directly with the seller or through their representatives to move any volume. We occasionally work in tandem with other dealers.